03-27-2018 1:12:16 PM EST
Dr. Marcia Presents How to Take the Stress out of parenting a Challenging child with these 12 tips
- Learning more about your child’s behavior can help you be the best parent you can be.
- Encourage your child to do his/her best by helping him/her to feel good about his/herself. ;All children act out from time to time. This is a normal part of child development.
- Knowing the signs and the causes of the specific behavior and finding help for all disorders and problems is important.
- Communicating with children’s teachers and school counselors is critical to the success of treatment.
- Parents can learn ways to help children manage their behaviors.
- This includes skills for communicating, disciplining and using positive reinforcement. ;Involve in social skills training.
- You can learn how to help children be more tolerant of peers, respect others and control anger towards others.
- Define rules, set limits and be consistent.
- Explain rules and consequences. When your child breaks a rule, explain how it affects you and others.
- Teach your child values.
- Share your values with your child and teach him/her about the importance of taking responsibility for his/her own action.
- Be a good role model ;Show your love
Prevent Child Abuse America www.preventchildabuse.org
The National institute of Child Health and Human Developmentwww.nichd.nih.gov
Childhelp-National Child Abuse Hotlinewww.childhelp.org
U.S. Department of Educationwww.ed.gov
Feeling Stressed and Out of Control, we can help! We provide Learning activities and Curriculum with practical activities to help you Stay in Control.
Call Us 813-507-5775